Helicopter Pilot, Marine Officer, Aeronautical Engineer, Christian, African-American, mentor, speaker. All these words describe Zerbin Singleton. He describes how he became something other than a statistic, overcame his own troubled childhood, and he now reaches out to at risk youth. His summaries of how to find common ground with nearly anyone, and lead them out of risky circumstances provided me a challenging framework for how to make it better 1:1.
Books mentioned in the show:
- The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness
Book by Michelle Alexander https://g.co/kgs/G8ZtM2
- Love & Respect: The Love She Most Desires; The Respect He Desperately Needs Book by Emerson Eggerichs: https://g.co/kgs/oTMTzT
- The Case for Grace: A Journalist Explores the Evidence of Transformed Lives Book by Lee Strobel: https://g.co/kgs/NFz2Wi
Organizations mentioned during the show:
- Big Brother’s big sisters: https://g.co/kgs/kD4nvs
- Steve Harvey: www.Harveyfoundation.com
- Omega Psi Phi: www.oppf.org
How to Connect with Zerbin
- Twitter Zerbins@
- The views expressed are those of the speakers and do not represent the
official policy or position of the USMC, the Department of Defense or the
Government of the United States.
Subscribe and see all episodes at www.dougabdiel.com/places-to-subscribe or bit.ly/hdwmib link